Lately I have been in somewhat of a “food rut.” Recipes I normally make haven’t been tasting good. My taste buds have been desperate for new, fresh flavors to wake them up. This steak and arugula salad does just that!
Recently I discovered the delectable combo of goat cheese and dried cranberries thanks to my sister-in-law. The light, creamy tangy-ness mixed with the sweet, tart berries adds a whole new dimension of flavor!
Once I searched my freezer for some meat and shopped around a bit at Trader Joe’s, my new favorite salad came to life. I love that this salad is rich from the steak yet light from the greens and dressing, tangy from the goat cheese yet sweet from the berries.
Besides wanting to share this recipe with you because of how delicious it is, I also wanted to write about this recipe to start a blog series on my current favorite Trader Joe’s products. Obviously they’re “current” favorites because I know I will have some new favorites soon. I love my new job so much, and I’m looking forward to sharing my favorite products as I discover them. I haven’t thought of a name for the series yet. If you think of one, please let me know! 🙂
My Current Favorite Trader Joe’s Products:
- Chevre goat cheese. If you have never tried goat cheese go out and buy some right now! Such a yummy blend of creamy, tangy, and salty.
- Light Champagne Vinaigrette. Trader Joe’s always knows how to combine the best flavors! This vinaigrette will dress up any salad with its tangy, sweet flavor.
- 21 Seasoning Salute. This spice is a game-changer! When I first tasted this I couldn’t believe that it tasted so yummy without having salt in it. For someone who loves salt as much as I do, this is a crazy phenomenon! I love how versatile this spice is. I have used it on avocado toast, steak, and bread with oil so far. I plan to season some chicken with it soon. The possibilities are endless!
R E C I P E:
- Trader Joe’s Chevre goat cheese
- dried cranberries
- Trader Joe’s Light Champagne Vinaigrette (If you can’t get this I think this salad could work with Italian, or a lemon/red-wine/oil based vinaigrette)
- grilled steak cut in to bite-sized pieces (I don’t remember what cut it was since I found it in the depths of my freezer. I thawed it, marinated it in the 21 Seasoning Salute, salt and pepper, worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice).
- arugula and romaine
Mix together and enjoy!