Most of the time I try to eat clean and healthy. I want to take care of the body God has blessed me with and fuel it with healthy, delicious foods. One way I consistently do that is by drinking smoothies throughout the week.
Today I’m sharing my super simple, yet amazingly delicious go to smoothie recipe. I love trying out new recipes, but I always end up coming back to this one because it never gets old. It turns out being a beautiful purple color too. 🙂
- 1 frozen ripe banana (I freeze my bananas once they get spotty on the outside. They’re sweeter this way and easier to digest. Also, if you use frozen fruit you don’t have to use a bunch of ice).
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- handful of frozen spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I use this one)
- 1 heaping teaspoon almond butter (optional, but so much yummier with this!)
- 1 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla) or any milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup water (eyeball it depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
- Place fruit, spinach and almond milk in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the protein powder, almond butter, and water and blend again until mixed.
- I like to put my smoothie into a mason jar if I’m at home, or into my travel mug if I’m on the go. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this yummy, healthy smoothie! Comment, like or share if you make it, and use the hashtag #recipesbylizmee so I can see it too.