Hey Friends! I love reading Friday Favorites from other bloggers, so I figured it would be fun to start doing my own weekly ones. So every Friday I’ll post some of our favorite things from the past week, probably between 3-7 or so. I think this will be a fun way to let you know what we’re enjoying weekly, but it will also be a fun way to keep track of blessings and focus on happy things. For now they’ll just be a random list of faves, but I may organize them into categories in the future.
- My new blog theme/layout and domain name. For Valentine’s day Nate “got” me the domain name for my blog. He knows this blog is an important creative outlet for me, and he is so thoughtful to support my desire to grow my blog and writing ability. It’s been an exciting challenge to keep at it and write consistently, and I can’t wait to continue on. So now my blog is offically adventureswithmee.com. I still have so much to learn, but I’m excited for the process. Any suggestions/help are much appreciated!
- The Moana soundtrack, especially this song. When I got home from work Wednesday night, Nate excitedly shared this song with me because he knew I’d love it. I’m not sure why I love it so much, especially since I haven’t seen the movie yet. I think it’s because it makes me picture the ocean and adventure, two things which make me so very happy. Also, it just has an overall epic feel to it that makes me want to go do something awesome.
- This hummus recipe, which I made a huge batch of. We buy store bought hummus every week, but after tasting this I don’t wanna go back . So much fresher tasting, and a more natural texture too. I’ll definitely have to post my version of it soon.
- Mimi’s Cafe. We went out for dinner there Monday night to celebrate Valentine’s day, and I LOVED it. I had only been to the one in Knoxville, but this one had the same charm and elegance. I had beef bourguignon for the first time and it made me feel all cool like Julia Child. So delicious! Now, if I can only pluck up the courage to attempt to make it myself!
- Openness Unhindered by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield. Rosaria is such a wonderful lady with a beautiful, gripping story of God’s grace. She has a beautiful way with words that is easy to read yet deep and complex all at the same time. Rosaria does a good job of handling sensitive issues like same-sex attraction and gender identity with compassion and tact. I’m not even halfway through this book and it’s already convicted and encouraged me so much. Definitely a good read!
- This article by Andrew Peterson about the stone archway he built. I love how he just went out and started building it one day. This is how I do projects a lot of the time. Start first, plan later. More than that though, I love what he said about the process: “I’ve even prayed quite a bit that this wall-building process would be a kind of worship, and that God would show me something. And he did. For weeks now, working with stones lifted from their graves in the Old Earth to give them new and beautiful purpose, I haven’t stopped thinking about the New Earth. The New Creation.”
Happy Friday! What are some of your favorite things from the week?