Sometimes you just need a really good brownie recipe. Well, I have one for you today! I think some of the best recipes I’ve made have been ones that I stumbled across as I hurried to make something good that I had ingredients for, and then I worried that it wouldn’t be good but everyone ended up loving it. That’s exactly what happened with these brownies.
I was in a rush to make a dessert for small group. I googled “easy brownie recipe,” but then I had to tweak the recipe I found because I was low on ingredients. Fearing that these little brownies wouldn’t be that great, I tossed in some nutella and swirled it all around (Nutella makes everything better! 😉😁).
The brownies that came out of the oven ended up being the yummiest brownies I’ve ever made, and the pan quickly got devoured at small group. I knew I had to share them with y’all on here. They’re chocolate-y, fudge-y, rich, and sweet with a crispy top layer.
Besides their yummy-ness factor, these brownies super easy to make! One-bowl, one-pan brownies. None of that multiple bowls, mixing in a little dry and a little wet ingredients at a time, annoying stuff. Plus, they’re really good with a nice cup of coffee.
So, without further ado, keep reading to find out how to make One Bowl Nutella Brownies…
One Bowl Nutella Brownies
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter (melted)
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4-6 Tbs Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 or 8 x 8 pan (I used 9 x 13 for small group, and that made more, but they were just thinner brownies. So if you want thicker ones, just put them in a smaller pan).
- Dump all ingredients besides Nutella in mixing bowl. Mix until everything is combined.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of Nutella on top of batter around the pan.
- Take a butter knife, stick it into the nutella almost like you’re about to start cutting it, swirl it around, making a marbling effect (It doesn’t matter if you do this perfectly or not, you just want to make sure the Nutella gets spread around the pan, but not mixed in completely). Check out my Instagram for a video of me doing this. 😉
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean (if using smaller pan, it’ll be more like 25-30 minutes).
I hope these brownies make your Monday sweeter. If you try them out, be sure to comment below and tell me what you think! Also, don’t forget to use the hashtag #recipesbylizmee so I can check out your awesome baking skills. 😃