I always get so excited when I try a new recipe and it turns out delicious because then I get to share it with you guys. Today I’m sharing a healthier recipe that doesn’t taste healthy. These little bites taste indulgent, rich, chocolate-y, fudge-y, brownie-y (okay, I know I’m making up words here, but they’re SO good!), minty, nutty, and totally not healthy. A couple of weeks ago I tried a mint chocolate brownie Larabar, and I absolutely loved it, but I didn’t love the price, so I decided to save some $ and make my own! Besides, I converted these into bite sized balls so they were easier to eat and I could have more of them in one sitting.
They’re sweetened with natural sugar, packed with healthy fat, and give you good energy. And to top it all off, these little bites of chocolate-y goodness are Nate approved (if you know Nate, you’ll know he doesn’t care for healthier versions of things. Words like “plant-based,” “naturally sweeetened, and dare I say it, “vegan,” make him cringe😉😁).
So I think y’all better get ready to go buy all the ingredients for these Healthy Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites, because once you see how easy they are to make, you’ll be hooked.
Healthy Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites
- 2 c medjool dates
- 2/3 c almonds (I used roasted and salted)
- 2/3 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c almond butter (I used almond butter the first time, and a Mixed nut butter from Trader Joe’s this time. Both do great)
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used mini ones since that’s what I had on hand, but you can use whatever chocolate suits your fancy)
- Soak dates in hot water for about 5 minutes until they are soft (if you’re using fresh dates, you don’t need to soak them at all). Drain.
- Put first 5 ingredients in food processor and process until a sticky “dough” forms.
- Add the choc chips and pulse until mixed in.
- Put dough in freezer for about 10-15 minutes, or until it’s chilled and easier to work with.
- Wet hands a little, so the dough wont be get stuck on them, and then form into bite-sized balls.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes if you want, and enjoy!
- Yields about 12-20 bites, depending on the size you make them.
Would you make these? I hope so! If you do, be sure to comment below and let me know what you think! Anyone who likes mint chocolate brownies will LOVE the taste of these little healthier versions. Also, if you’re on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #recipesbylizmee so I can see.
Hope y’all are having a lovely week.