Happy Friday guys! How did your week go? I hope well. My week started off busy with work, but then I had two lovely days off where I got to hang out with sweet friends and go to church and class and now I’m all excited for a wonderful weekend ahead. Even though I have to work today, I have a date with my man tonight to look forward to, so I know this Friday will be awesome.
On to the favorites from this week:
- This song by The Piano Guys. One of my all time favorites, and perfect for when I need a good pump-up or workout song.
- This article by Esther Fleece. It reminded me again how important it is to be honest about our feelings and not pretend everything is fine when we’re going through a tough time. I also love how she said, “Scripture doesn’t tell us to pretend we’re peaceful when we’re not, act like everything is fine when it’s not, and do everything we can to suppress our sorrow. God doesn’t insist that we go to our “happy place” and ignore our sad,” Instead, God wants us to bring our feelings to Him, even our ugly crying ones. This article made me so thankful for Jesus and reminded me of Hebrews 4:15-16: “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
- The fact that Aldi now carries flavored sparkling water, especially grapefruit! I’ve been loving sparkling water for over a year now, but most of the brands out there can be expensive. I kept wishing Aldi would start selling it, and my wish came true! SO PROUD right now. Way to go, Aldi. If you haven’t tried sparkling water yet, you seriously need to give it a try. I used to crave coke and now I could care less about it thanks to sparkling water.
- My homemade iced americanos. The weather turned so deliciously warm and spring-like the last few days. When the weather gets warmer my coffee gets colder, so I’ve been sipping on delicious iced americanos. Go check out my recipe and make one for yourself!
- Our new book, Wingfeather Tales, by Andrew Peterson and a bunch of other cool authors. Each author wrote a short story set in Aerwiar, but not necessarily connected to the Wingfeathers from Andew’s other books. I don’t know all that much about it since we just started it and due to Nate’s busy school schedule this week 😢(#meeseminarylife). I’m super excited to read it with my man though! Ever since the early stages of our relationship Nate and I have loved reading aloud to each other. I’m happy we’re continuing this tradition with Wingfeather Tales. I’ll let y’all know more about it once we finish it. Here’s a cute pic of us reading it at a coffee shop. I’m so in love with that handsome bearded dude!😊
Coffee shop reading sessions with my love. Ever since the beginning of our friendship we have loved reading together. Looking forward to many more pages turned, chapters read, and books completed with my dear husband as we grow old together. . . . . . . #marriedmee #weekendidos #stayingido #ilovenmee #beating50percent
That’s it for now, friends. Share your favorites from this week in the comments below!
Have an awesome weekend!