Happy first day of SPRING! Although lately it’s been a bit chillier here in the bluegrass state today it’s supposed to warm up to 70 degrees! Even if it doesn’t though (the weather goes back and forth and back and forth here 🙈) the first day of Spring holds a certain kind of magic that evokes happiness and excitement in me. It’s like I’m standing on an edge of a new adventure, ready to take the first step and see what comes along.
More than that though, Spring smells and breathes of the hope we have in the Gospel. Each little flower that blooms toward the sky shows forth its Creator’s glory. He created harsh Winters that seem to suck the life out of the earth, reducing trees to gnarly, barren branches and grass to bitter brown fuzz, but He also causes bright hued flowers to sprout up in the unlikeliest of places, showing forth His glory as they launch toward the sky. Spring reminds me of the redemption we have in Christ which causes seemingly dead things to come to life and grow even more beautiful than before.
So although my heart is heavy with the suffering I’ve endured over the past year, I can rejoice today on the first day of Spring, because I have hope in the One who made the seasons and causes them to keep beginning and ending throughout the year.
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.” – Ecclesiastes 3:11
With the first day of Spring upon us, I thought it would be fun to make a Spring Bucket List, which is just a list of things I think would be enjoyable to do this season. We might not get to cross everything off, and some things I know we’ll do (like my bro’s wedding and such)but it will be fun to have a nice list of ideas for this season.
Here it is:
- Running outside (this is more healthy than enjoyable. haha)
- Walks in the park or in our apartment complex (hoping the weather stays warmer for this).
- Longboarding with Nate
- Frisbee golfing
- Read/finish reading 4 books (I need to get back into a rhythm of reading more often. Hoping to read more than 4 books in 3 months, but I thought I’d put the bar low so I could surpass it 😉)
- Blog weekly
- Finish reading Wingfeather Tales with Nate
- Be in my brother’s wedding (yay for Trev and Meg getting married in a few weeks!)
- Visit the Found Cottage (This is a home decor shop owned by one of my favorite bloggers. It’s near where my bro’s wedding is in Michigan, so I’m hoping we’ll get to visit. Of course I’ll be blogging all about it!)
- Visit the walking bridge and waterfront park here in Louisville (we haven’t been in forever and I miss it)
- Go see Beauty and the Beast with my man.
- Deep clean our apartment
- Declutter and organize our apartment (always a work in progress, but Springtime really gets me in the mood for this!)
- Try at least 3 new recipes for meals, desserts, etc.
That’s all I can think of for now. I’ll probably add more as I go. Do you have a Spring Bucket List? If so I’d love to know what’s on it!