Mondays call for extra coffee, so today I’m sharing another of my beloved coffee recipes with you. I consider coffee one of the most delicious treats available, and thank God for making it taste so good.
Now that I’m in my second trimester, I find that coffee tastes good again, (aka baby Mee
is letting me drink it again). I usually do one cup of caffeinated coffee a day, and then have decaf on hand if need be.
I recently discovered how to make my favorite summer Starbucks drink at home: caramel iced coffee. This recipe is amazing for more than one reason though. My version is sugar free, easy to make (like, less than 5 minutes), and you can save a whole bunch of $$. Now that’s a drink I can get behind!! (Don’t worry Starbucks, I’ll always love you).
Give it a try and I’m sure it’ll be you’re favorite summer treat in no time.
I use my trusty pour over to make this yummy drink (here’s a quick tutorial if you don’t know what that is), but you can use whatever method of coffee making you prefer, it’s just all about how strong you make it. It needs to be doubly strong, and half the amount of liquid you usually use for 1 cup of coffee (so I do about 1/2 cup boiling water and about 3 heaping Tbsp coffee grounds). You can take the time to make your own cold brew for this, but I find that it tastes just as good to make it this way and I can have it to enjoy in less than 10 minutes. 🙂
Recipe: Copycat Starbucks Caramel Iced Coffee
- 1/2 C very strong hot coffee (or 1 cup cold)
- 1 tsp caramel essence/flavoring
- Stevia to taste (or whatever sweetener you use)
- 1-11/2 cups ice
- splash of half and half or cream to taste
- Brew coffee doubly strong and add to a mason jar (or other heat safe container that has a lid). Add flavoring and sweetener and stir to combine. Add ice and cream, then put a lid on the jar and shake it all up. Add more ice after if need be, and enjoy!
If you try out this recipe let me know what you think! Hope you enjoy it!